Clinical Innovation Fellow
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support clinical research strategy
- Support data pipeline and processing efforts necessary for model training (e.g., data curation, annotation, and augmentation).
- Interface with physicians to help identify high value opportunities in medical imaging, pathology, and electronic health record data for the use of machine learning.
- Understand and ensure compliance with policies and procedures required for clinical validation within the Partners HealthCare system
- Prepare and report on the status of clinical investigations internally and externally
- Analyze data acquired during the course of the clinical investigation, prepare reports and presentations based on clinical findings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a doctoral/MD degree, with experience as a radiologist
- Deep familiarity with the practice of medicine, medical terminology and clinical workflows, including medical imaging diagnostics, pathology, and clinical laboratory medicine
- Technical abilities, including knowledge in a scripting language such as Python and an object-oriented programming language such as C++.
- Familiarity with common tools for data management and analysis including machine learning (i.e. Tensorflow, Theano, Torch), distributed computing (i.e. Hadoop, Spark), database software (SQL or variants), and general scientific computing capabilities is preferred.
- Comfort with basic statistics and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and database software are preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization