Infrastructure Lead/ Systems Engineer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team that manages the serving of production ML models in a clinical environment.
- Work directly with software engineers, researchers, and informaticians/learnists as a member of their team in translating models from proof-of-concept into production.
- Support infrastructure running ML models in a production environment.
- Work closely with CCDS industry partners in coordinating installation of HW/SF systems (prototypes and pilots).
- Transfer knowledge and promote new technologies within user community through one-on-one help sessions and documentation.
- Assist users to install, configure and/or script informatics tools and applications, understanding and guiding work and data flows for their analysis.
- Provide Linux, UNIX administration and Windows administration.
- Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in a Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field; a combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- 5+ years of experience in mix of development and management of Linux (Ubuntu) and Microsoft Servers
- 5+ years of strong scripting or programming experience (Python, C++, Bash, Dot Net or other…)
- 2+ years virtualization (Docker & Docker scheduling) – VMware experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience supporting/developing informatics systems in ML, medical or basic science research environments strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of computational clusters (CPU & GPU), HPC and/or grid computing environments (Hadoop or Spark experience a plus)
- Working knowledge of scheduling systems (Slurm, Swarm, Singularity or other)
- Experience supporting related components of 3rd-party and open-source applications (including R, Matlab, SAS, Octave…) a plus
- Experience with ML and Neural Networks (Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano…) a plus
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate excellent project management and communication skills with a strong demonstration of commitment to customer service
- Good presentation, training and documentation skills are essential
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with scientists, developers, application analysts, managers and IT
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization